Plumbers Training Institute is pleased to announce the release of continuing education (CE) courses for Colorado plumbers!
All of our courses are fully state-approved and fulfill all continuing education requirements. And since they’re 100% online, you can finish your CE around your busy schedule.
Since Colorado only started requiring CE for their plumbers this year in May, here are some helpful FAQs:
Colorado plumber licenses expire every odd year on February 28th, and the state requires plumbers to complete 16 hours of continuing education every two year licensing cycle (8 hours every year).
What continuing education is required to renew my Colorado plumber license?
Starting May 1, 2021 all* licensed Residential, Journeyman & Master Plumbers must complete eight (8) hours of CE every 12 months to renew a license – completing a total of 16 hours during the 24 month renewal cycle.
*This requirement is not applicable to the first renewal cycle of a license.
The 8 hours of CE per year consists of any combination of the core competencies listed below:
- A minimum of 4 hrs relate to codes
- No more than 2 hrs relate to safety training
- Core Competencies:
- Cross connection and backflow prevention
- Fixtures, Faucets & Fixture Fittings
- Indirect/Special Waste
- Industry Product Training
- Non-potable Water Systems
- Plumbing Administration
- Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Sanitary Drainage
- Special Piping (Medical Gas)
- Storm Drainage
- System piping and components
- Traps, Interceptors and Separators
- Vents – DVM
- Water Heaters
- Water Supply and Distribution
- Safety related to the plumbing industry
Who submits my Colorado plumbing continuing education course completions to the state?
Licensees are required to maintain their documentation of CE activities for a minimum of 6 years and furnish those documents to the board in the event of an audit. Plumbers Training Institute will maintain your records for you for 6 years at no charge.
Ready to complete your CE from home? Click here to get started!